On Tuesday 31st October, Year 2 visited the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney.
During the excursion, the students were able to explore the Botanic Garden and learn about minibeasts and much more! The day included:
- a walk through the garden – noticing lots of different animals, trees and flowers
- digging in soil to find minibeasts
- holding worms
- swishing nets in water to find living things
- looking at specimens through a microscope
- looking at silk worms and moths
- looking at stick insects
- playing a game on an iPad
- sketching minibeasts
- walking through the Calyx to view the beautiful pollination display.
Everyone had such a great time, including the teachers and the parents!
Thank you to our lovely parent helpers who helped us on the day!
Take a look at the photos below!
What was your favourite part of the excursion?